Vacation rental in Lons-le-Saunier, gateway of the Jura Mountains.
Activities around the Loft Cornélius
Vacation rental in Lons-le-Saunier,
gateway of the Jura Mountains.
Gateway to the Jura mountains and authentic destination, Lons-le-Saunier and its surroundings offer many activities all year long!
The Loft Cornélius is an ideal location for discovering the wonderful tourist destination: the Jura.
the Loft Cornélius
Loft Cornélius is located in the dynamic city center of Lons-le-Saunier, 50 meters from the rue du Commerce, with its arcades and street made of cobblestones.
Discover points of interest accessible on foot from the loft:
- Bars and restaurants: 50 meters
- Boutiques and stores: 50 meters
- The Laughing Cow museum: 100 meters
- Movies: 350 meters
- Place de la Liberté and its water jets: 400 meters
- Theater from the 16th century (shows and plays): 450 meters
- Church Eglise des Cordeliers: 700 meters
- Parc des Bains and Ledonia thermal baths (spa): 800 meters
& Special Offers
Gift card “Escapade – 1 night”
Offer a one-night getaway to Loft Cornelius cottage, in the heart of Lons-le-Saunier. This gift card includes: 1 night in a spacious and convivial loft (capacity from 1 to 6 people) + 1 basket of reception + Household included.
For nature lovers looking for preserved spaces in the Jura
- Saut and Cascade du Hérisson : succession of 7 waterfalls on a course of 3.7 km long and 255 meters of difference of altitude. Natural Classified Site.
- Vouglans lake and dam : 35 km long, it is the 3rd French artificial lake (hiking, swimming, etc.).
- Baume les Messieurs Valley (abbey, waterfall, cave). Also one of the most beautiful villages in France.
For sportsmen and adventurers who love sensational activities
- Hiking on the GR 59 vineyard, valley and architectural heritage: Starting from the Ballon d’Alsace, this GR crosses the Jura from north to south over 225 km.
- Mountain bike routes and itineraries: thanks to its breathtaking landscapes and hilly terrain, the Jura is a must-see destination for mountain bikers.
- Horse riding. International Show Jumping in Lons-leSaunier (early June), with the participation of the best French and foreign horse riders.
- Cross-country skiing and Nordic skiing: 1,000 km of marked cross-country ski trails for walkers or experienced sportsmen.
- Circuit de la Bresse: racing circuit for cars and motorcycles. Karting racing circuit.
- Via Ferrata of Le Regardoir: 260 meters long, with a breathtaking view on the twists and turns of the Vouglans lake.
For culture, arts and music lovers
- Rouget de Lisle museum: visit the birthplace of Rouget-de-Lisle, author of the French national anthem “la Marseillaise”.
- Fine Arts Museum of Lons-le-Saunier: its collections are composed of sculptures and paintings as well as ethnographic objects.
- Château Chalon: One of the “Most Beautiful Villages of France” and birth place of the famous Vin Jaune, beautiful village between vineyards and majestic valley.
- Museum of Urban Arts and Street Art (MAUSA): this unusual and offbeat place hosts an exhibition of contemporary art.
- Moulin de Brainans: current music scene of the Jura. Concerts.
For cuisine lovers who wish to awaken their senses
- Pelen chocolate factory: Since 1899 the Pelen house has been delighting taste buds with its chocolate. A real institution.
- Tasting of the Jura wines and Percée du Vin Jaune (1st weekend of February). Tasting of the Château Chalon Vin Jaune. The Jura wines’ route.
- Comté cheese tasting: this cheese is elaborated by craftsmen in more than 150 small village cheese factories, called fruitières.
For families looking for educationl activities
- The Laughing Cow Museum: in the very premises where the first portions of this famous cheese were originally made.
- Walking and cycling path (PLM): Follows the route of an old railway that used to allow people to cross the rock walls of the Revigny valley. Nice walk.
- Aqua’Rel aquatic center: 400 m2 of sports pool, playful, pentagliss, toboggan. 3 diving boards (1, 3 and 5 meters high).
- Bowling 1055: 18 bowling alleys, Kid Park, Trampoline, Virtual Park (VR), Laser Game, Mini Golf, Adventure Trail, Escape Game, Climbing Room, Arcade Games and Billiards.
- Bellecin nautical base: sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, caving, canyoning, climbing, archery. Sports trainings, rentals and courses.
- Moirans Toy Museum: one of the most beautiful collections of games and toys in Europe. More than 2,000 games and toys from all countries and all periods.
For traveling professionals
- Juraparc: exhibition center of Lons-le-Saunier. Salon, forum, concerts.
- Casino Lons-le-Saunier: machines and games. Diners show.